Leonard Watkowski started his funeral service in the east end of Winona in the early 1900s, and operated the funeral home as the Watkowski Funeral Home.
Following Leonard's death in 1937, the operation of the funeral home was assumed by Leonard's children Joseph R. Watkowski and Henrietta P. Watkowski. In 1940, construction was completed on the present funeral home building.
Joseph Watkowski retired in 1986, at which time he sold the funeral home. In 2001, John Mulyck, a Winona native, joined the staff of the funeral home as a licensed funeral director. In April 2007, the funeral home was purchased by John and Cheryl Mulyck.
The Watkowski-Mulyck Funeral Home has a long and proud reputation of offering caring, professional and personal services to families of all faiths in Winona and the surrounding communities.